Saturday 30 April 2011

So here we are...

Another long bank holiday weekend to tempt me into diving head first into chocolate, cake and cookie heaven! So far i've been able to stick to my exercise and healthy meals because I haven't strayed too far from my house, and there's no "crap" in my house, so the only option is too eat healthily!

See, when i'm at home or work eating healthily is a doddle- my fridge, freezer and cupboards are full with all the so-called "good for you" foods, and every night I put some of these "good for you" foods into tupperware boxes and take them into work with me the next day. (Yep, no canteen dinners for me!)

But its a lot harder when i'm out and about as I dont really want to carry a cooler bag of food around with me 24/7! Lets face it, walking down the high street trying to eat a tuna salad out of a tupperware box as hundreds of shopping bags swing from your foreams is slightly impractial!

So, if I know i'm going to be eating out then I of course save my naughty meal for this day. But if its one of those weeks where I have to eat out most days and i've already had my naughty meal for the week, then its all about allowing my head rather than my belly to make my food choices! (Easier said than done when your belly is waaaaaay bigger than your head!)

But to be honest, i'm skint! I just dont have the money for many days out or shopping sprees so i'm often at home or at my mums- where my tupperware boxes of "good for you" food come with me! (And before you ask- no, she isnt offended that I dont eat her cooking/food. In fact, I bet she prefers it! My dad sure does! Means i'm not "eating him out of house and home!")

So here we are, half way through this long bank holiday weekend, and with no real plans in my diary i'm 100% sure that i'll survive! Although there is one little thing in my diary....


My naughty meal!! A lovely, scrummy, 3 (possibly 4 depending on coffee) course meal with my big sister tomorrow evening!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to it and a cheeky glass of vino too!

    ReplyDelete