Saturday 16 April 2011

A quarter...

… a forth… 25% of the way there! Yep, however you want to say it I’ve done 3 weeks of healthy eating and exercising out of my 12 week target! Hoorah!

And to my surprise it’s not been too bad and I’m feeling pretty proud of myself for sticking to my guns and leaving the takeaway menu’s in the draw!

But while the healthy eating has been good (and delish!) and while the exercise has been good (although at times torture!) there is one thing that hasn’t been so good. And that thing has been me! I’ve upset people… and that is something I’m not proud of!

You see, I’ve never had much, if any, support for my healthy eating and exercise endeavours which hurts more than any amount of squats ever will! They see me my eating and exercising as “unnormal”and if I had a penny for every time they asked me: “Are you eating properly tonight?” I’d have a lot more pounds in the bank! Normally I just ignore it and let the pain simmer through my veins until they subside but this week the pain bubbled over when they screeched at me: “You’re obsessed!”

Needless to say, as this was coming from people who have been eating a few rocket leaves and chicken for every dinner and weighing out grapes in order to shift a few pounds, it was a HUGE pot calling the kettle black situation and podgy Pickle soon became pissed off Pickle!

This led to Pickle saying, well typing, some things she shouldn’t have shared. And for that Pickle apologies... sorry!

Now, just because I’ve said the “s” word doesn’t mean I’m admitting defeat because I’m not! I’m apologising for upsetting people as, as I argued, eating healthily and exercising does not make someone obsessed! If it does then a HUGE amount the population (plus themselves!) best be beware!

I’m not going to go on and on about this as it could well result in another argument… or even worse, another night of deafening silence! *shudders* But I will say this…

Determined? Yes. Motivated? Yes. Obsessed? NO! There is a difference between determination and motivation and obsession and if they can’t see this then unfortunately that’s not my problem.

Right, now that’s out the way, what was I saying…

Oh yes! So, three weeks down and all in all it’s been pretty easy and enjoyable. But after just 3 weeks I wouldn’t expect anything less…. it’s the next three quarters/75%/9 weeks of healthy eating and exercising that will be the real test!

But for now I’m feeling strong, fit and healthy so I’m going to stay determined and motivated (not obsessed!) and continue to eat my salads, drink my green tea, lift my weights and go for my morning jogs…. With or without the support of my loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment