Sunday 3 April 2011

The first real test...

…and it’s safe to say I totally flunked!

Yep, Saturday night dinner at Zizzi’s went from “choose one of the healthy options” to “sod it! Order the lot!” Starter, main course AND dessert all came and went and as I sat through the brilliant show that was Calendar Girls I did feel a little rotten, guilty and upset that I caved in so easily but hell, the food was deeeeeelish!

Today hasn’t been overly brilliant either… a Sunday roast with the family to celebrate Mother’s Day ended with me finishing off all the roast potatoes, stuffing and having more than my fair share of pigs in blankets. But, it’s Mother’s Day, and the one thing that makes all mothers proud is seeing you leave a nice empty plate! And if you can’t overeat on such a special day like Mother’s Day when can you?!

However, today hasn’t been all bad. You won’t believe it; I can’t even believe it myself, but I totally resisted the gorgeous, sweet, mouth-watering apple tarte tatin and Cornish ice cream that my mum brought as an after dinner treat! Well, I say totally resisted…. I was JUST able to! It really did look and smell fantastic (but what do you expect from a Waitrose, Seriously Fruity Tarte Tatin!) Nevertheless, I’m proud and it’s an amazing achievement as I never EVER turn down dessert!

Not only that, but sitting in the fridge is my supper for tonight…..left over chicken and salad! (Much healthier than the Dominos take away I had last Sunday).

All in all the first week has been pretty good - 5 days of solid healthy eating, 6 days of exercise and I’m feeling pretty optimistic about the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment