Wednesday 27 April 2011

Things are going...

swimmingly! And in more than one way - not only did I control myself beyond belief over Easter (I stuck to my "only one naughty meal a week" rule!) I have also started swimming!

Yep, this Easter the ice creams stayed in the freezer, the biscuits stayed in the tin and the hot cross buns stayed unopened as I stayed well and truly away from all the treats that I, and my belly bulge, love and adore.

But as we all know, I never deprive myself so when BBQ time came I went all out and piled my plate sky high with tonnes of delicious food... burgers, sausages, BBQ ribs, chicken legs, skewers, quiche, pasta salad, garden salad!
(Of course, this didnt fit on my plate at once... I went up three times!)

It really was a fab Easter BBQ and I enjoyed myself immensley... which is more than I can say about my first swimming session! You see, I've never been a huge fan of the water- I dont like how it ALWAYS goes up my nose! Plus, i'm useless at swimming!

But when my mum flat out refused to go swimming with my big sister when she asked her, I stepped up! So last Wednesday, I rummaged through my wardrobe to find my "really old, only worn once" swimming costume (which, to my delight, had hidden tummy support! Result!) and spent a good 45 minutes coughing and splurting pool water (and god knows what else! *shivers*) out of my nose, mouth and lungs!

And now its Wednesday again! So tonight, as I've already pre-paid for 4 weeks of swimming/drowning, I will once again don my tummy control swimming costume and spend another 45 minutes attempting the front crawl only for it to develop into the doggy paddle!

So, with having just one cheat meal and adding swimming to my Wednesday evenings, I think its safe to say that I well and truly put two fingers up to temptation over the long Easter weekend!! Now I just have to do the same for this long Royal Wedding/May Day weekend! But surely that will easy... after all, i've done it once so I can do it again right?? (Yeah, i'm not overly convinced either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment