Tuesday 12 April 2011

I'm a lot of things...

But not stupid! I know for A FACT there is no way I could possibly go 12 weeks without having the odd splurge. So, before starting all this healthy eating and exercise I gave myself a little talking to!

I said: "Laura, you're allowed to have one naughty meal a week."

"When I say ONE meal, I mean ONE meal- not two or three! And when I say one MEAL, I mean one MEAL- not one day!" - Its very very important that I understand this as once I start eating I do have the tendancy to hoover up everything else I find!

Then I said: "If you dont feel the need to have a high calorie, high carb, high fat feast then dont!"

Let me guess... your peeing yourself laughing just as much as I did!? Yeah we both know I love my food waaaaay too much to never fancy a high calorie, high carb, high fat feast! You name it, I love it - alcohol, curry, pizza, pie, cake, biscuits..... mmmm biscuits!... Ooooh, Custard Creams!... I could so eat a Custard Cream right now!... Anyway...

To really prove my love for food, here's a pic from Saturday evening....


Yep, thats me enjoying my naughty meal for last week - a lovely jalfrezi curry, rice, bombay potatoes, onion bajis and naan bread! And that was after I had gobbled my way through my fair share of the starters and poppadums! I can really pack it away when I want to.... kind of a talent really! It was thirsty work though - lucky I had something to wash it down with....


I ate loads that night! And you know what? I didnt feel guilty for one second because it was my naughty meal!

You see, knowing that I am allowed ONE naughty MEAL a week not only stops me feeling guilty for eating a shed load of crap, but it helps me get through the week as I know it wont be long until I can indulge once again.

I have today off work so will need to put this into practice as I find it 10 times harder to be good at home! So, to stop me diving head first into my dads leftover chocolate birthday cake, I will now start to look forward to this weekend when, as usual, the Dominos Pizza menu will start calling my name and wont stop until i've hung up the phone after placing my order!

No comments:

Post a Comment