Wednesday 4 May 2011

Losing weight is...

... hard! Because its boring!

... painful! Because i've developed shin splints!

... slow... very very slow! Because I still have my pot belly!!

I dont have the patience of a saint and I get bored very easily and very quickly. This is not good seeing as fat loss involves a lot of time and repetition.... running up and down the same street, lifting the same weights, listening to the same songs on the same iPod and filling the shopping trolley with the same amount of the same foods. (Weirdly, although the same amount of the same foods go into the trolley, the bill total rises each week!)

But, as the weather cheers up it makes it a lot easier for me to tolerate my early morning alarm clock as I know my morning jogs listening to my favourite songs can now be done in bright sunshine! Unfortunately, its a little less enjoyable at the mo due to my achy right shin/calf, which the internet tells me is shin splints due to me trying to run a little further each week! Aint the Internet clever!?

Its also sooooo much easier to eat salads, fruit, vegetables, fish etc when the weather is hotter! I mean no-one cuddles up on the sofa on a cold, dark December night munching on a tuna salad do they? No, its all about chips, gravy, pizza, curry, chocolate and all the other yummy comfort food that i'm not suppose to be eating during these 12 weeks!

So, although its hard, painful, slightly restrictive, very repetitive with results taking forever, I know I have the willpower and motivation to see this through because...

... so far i'm still enjoying it!
... the numbers on the scales and measuring tape are going the right way!
... i'm curious to see what my body will look like after these 12 weeks! (And for everyone's sake it better not look the same!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment