Wednesday 20 April 2011

Long lie ins...

cups of tea in bed... feelings of calm and relaxation... yep, you can't beat a day off work which is why i'm really looking forward to Easter and all those bank holidays!

However, I find it 10 times harder to eat healthily when at home and especially when out and about! Obviously this is not good when you've challenged yourself to eat healthily for 3 months with just one naughty meal a week... and your only 3 and half weeks in!

Of course I do have my naughty meal card to play but this will be used to indulge in the big family roast dinner (or BBQ depending on the weather!) that we have every Easter Sunday to celebrate the occassion.

But I can see it now! Chocolate eggs, bunny biscuits, hot cross buns, little chocolate nests with the mini eggs perched in the middle- all looking perfect, begging to be eaten and chanting my name! (*sighs*) It's going to be hard and, other than locking myself in the cupboard under the stairs until the festivites are over, there's no getting away from it.

So, i'm preparing myself by thinking about damage limitation and have come up with 3 ideas. (Now, you will see these ideas use the word option. Option is a very important word as it means I shall only do this if I really need to! Not because I can or want to!)


Idea 1: Kill the Easter bunny! No Easter bunny = No Easter right?! Okay, not really an option.

Idea 2: Allow myself the option of having ONE little treat each day over Easter. For example, Good Friday is the day to eat hot cross buns lathered with butter and jam so I could treat myself to one hot cross bun on that day.

Idea 3: Allow myself the option of having a SLIGHT cheat day on Easter Sunday. This would keep me on the straight and narrow but giving me something to look forward to on Good Friday and Easter Saturday and would satisfy me through Easter Monday! (The key to this idea will be to keep it as a SLIGHT cheat day as I dont want a repeat of Christmas where I ate waaaaaaay too much and ended up with my head down my parents toilet!)

But whether I allow myself ONE treat a day, a SLIGHT cheat day or keep to my ONE naughty meal a week, I know i'm going to need every ounce of motivation, determination and will power to keep my hungry eyes, twitching fingers and bulging belly away for the hot cross buns... the hot cross buns lathered in butter and jam!... Mmmmm...
(*drools*)

No comments:

Post a Comment