Sunday 29 May 2011

20 and a half...

..days til Ibiza!! Whoop whoop! You're jealous right?? Hee hee.

To be honest i'm not sure what to say as not a lot has changed since the last post - i'm still eating healthily, still exercising and still trying to give it 100% but without piling a tonne of pressure on myself and being overly strict.

So, what can I write in this post that would justify you taking time out of your busy schedule to read it??

Well, I thought (as its the bank holiday and we all know that I struggle to stay on the straight and narrow when at home surrounded by food!) I'd share my awesomely yummy yet good for you bank holiday meals...

Saturday:
Yesterday was football night! I'm a big fan of Man Utd so watching them play Barcelona in the Champions League final whilst I slobbed out on the sofa with a beer and pizza would have been heaven! But due to obvious reasons this would have hindered any fat loss so I found a meal worthy of football time in the form of... Pickle's Chicken Fajitas! Now I know what your thinking- a great big wheat based meal with fried tortilla chips on the side?! But no, Pickle's version is a lot more healthy as I used 50/50 wholegrain wraps, didnt bother making any nachos and didnt add the mayo and cheese to my wraps! I did have a sneaky half a glass of champers with it but managed to pass on the strawberry cheesecake for dessert!

Sunday:
Today is a family day and before the wind decided to turn galeforce we were suppose to be off to Sunny Hunny (Hunstanton!) where I would have undoubtely had a full blown naughty day by feasting on picnic food, a fish and chips dinner and those seaside must haves- dinky doughnuts! Therefore, the weather has kinda done my diet a favour as I will now enjoy just one naughty meal with my parents- sausage, mash, peas and gravy... mmmm! Again I shall have half a glass of wine with this meal but will hold my ground and say "no!" to dessert - apple strudel and custard! **

Monday:
Now i'm really looking forward to tomorrow as I have stumbled across a homemade pizza recipe that takes the cals, carbs and fat of my favourite dish and demolishes the hell out of them! So, i'll be putting on my apron, hitting the kitchen and baking my very own version of a Dominos Tandoori Hot!

So, there's my planned bank holiday meals - if your lucky (and my pizza turns out alright!) I might even pop up a review and pics in my next post!

** Please note that this is my intention at the time of writing this! Once the apple strudel comes out the oven the situation may have to be re-assessed- and if a small portion does happen to find its way down my throat then I might aswell spend the rest of the day tucking into the many other delights in my mums cupboard! Afterall, I am being more relaxed over my diet and if we had gone to Sunny Hunny I would have eaten crap all day anyway right?? (Hee hee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment