Sunday 22 May 2011

Thud. Thud. Thud.

... is exactly what my heart did as I stepped onto my Weighwatchers scales yesterday morning! I really dont like weighing and measuring myself to the point where I actually feel sick and shake with nerves!

But as yesterday was 4 weeks on from my last weigh in and measure up, it was time to revisit the scales and tape measure. You'd think after 4 weeks of healthy eating and exercising i'd be guaranteed to lose some fat so stepping on the scales shouldn't bother me, but nope, I was scared.... sh!t scared! Because past experiences have shown me that even though I put 100% in, the tape and scales very rarely give me any praise! (And seeing as the last two weeks have been tainted by me having two cheat meals, I really wasnt holding out much hope for this time either!)

So, with my heart pounding out of my chest, I quickly stripped off to my black girlie boxers (which have a funky bright pink band and even funkier bright pink ice cream sundaes on!) and wrapped the tape measure around my lumps and bumps...

... everything pretty much the same! Hmmm...

Already feeling down hearted, I then wibbled and wobbled my way over to the scales and slowly placed both feet either side of the little digital screen...

... Weight lost: 1lb and 3/4. Sh!t!
... Bodyfat lost: .2. Double sh!t!

Crap... absolutely crap! Ater 4 weeks of healthy eating and exercising I lost a measly 1lb and 3/4! Devasted doesnt even come close to how I feel and now I have 4 weeks and dont know whether its worth even trying!

Needless to say, yesterday soon turned into a day of consoling myself.... with beer! And pizza, and more beer, and chips, and even more beer, and onion rings, and finally... more beer! And no, it wasnt my naughty meal! Thats tonight- and yes, I am still going to have it as i'm cooking "Come Dine With Me" style...

Starter
Sesame Halloumi and Baked Camembert
served with caramelised red onion and warm dipping bread

Main
Pan fry duck
served with dauphinoise potatos and vegetables

Dessert
Sticky toffee banana tarte tatin
served with vanilla ice cream

Mmmm, you want some dont ya??

I know that the beer, pizza and my three course feast tonight wont help matters but hey, after 8 weeks of depriving myself to only lose a teeny tiny amount of fat I really need a break to find some motivation!

Luckily, i'm no quitter and am not going to give up! I even managed to stumble out of bed this morning a jog further that ever before.... 3.64 miles in 32 minutes, burning 303 calories apparently!


And after today i'm back to putting 100% in to my diet like before! So, moderate carbs, moderate fat, moderate protein and just one naughty meal a week only!! Seriously, the extra cheat meal and re-arranging of my diet are going to stop as there is only 4 weeks til Ibiza... only 4 weeks til strangers will see me in a bikini! (Eeeek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment