Wednesday 18 May 2011

If you break the rules...

... you pay the price! And thats exactly what I'm doing for yet again having two naughty meals this week. (Actually, I've only had the one so far but as previously mentioned i'm dining at my mums tonight so another one is on the way! And before you ask- yes, I have considered not eating her cooking to save the week but that really doesnt appeal to me!)

So, as I failed miserably to say no to the mounds of mash, roasties, yorkshire pud and stuffing on Sunday and as I will fail miserably to say no to mums salmon pasta tonight, I have cleverly re-thought this weeks eating and exercise to ensure I stay under mainentence calories and hopefully shed a teeny tiny amount of bodyfat this week...

For the exercise: I'm making sure I workout more intensely and am cutting the rest periods between sets/circuits down, also i'm trying to move a little quicker during my cardio. More intensity = more cals burned! (THIS IS GOOD!)

For the diet: I've cut down on my carbs... a tad! (Carbs are vital for energy, workouts... and my sanity!) Of course, while doing this I have been eating plenty of protein, healthy fats and fruit and veg as I dont want to starve! Not enough calories = fat storage! (THIS IS BAD... VERY BAD!)

See, this is one of the great things I love about eating healthily and exercising.... you can always change it to soften the damage of any mishaps! (Which I seem to be encountering a lot of lately! (*blush*) Unfortunately while you can soften the blow, you can't completely recitify the damage! Booo!)

So there you have it! My attempt at softening the blow of yet another week of willpower weakness! Fingers crossed it works otherwise stepping on the scales and wrapping the measuring tape around my lumps and bumps on Saturday morning wont be pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment