Wednesday 1 June 2011

I love surprises...

... and this bank holiday weekend threw up two of them!

Firstly, I was surprised with a very early birthday present from my family- a brand new mountain bike... with dual suspension... and a comfy seat!

I know, i'm a lucky girl! And I have to say, my new bike really is the dogs b*****ks! I went out on it properly for the first time tonight and every crack, dip and bump in the road couldnt stop me and my new bike!

The only downside is I can no longer use "my butt hurts too much" or "my tyres have a slow puncture" as an excuse as to why i'm sat on the sofa watching Hollyoaks rather than doing my scheduled bike ride!

But I really do love my brand new, shiny, blue and white bike and I can't thank my parents and sister enough for surprising me with it!

The second surprise happened when I started eating my homemade Tandoori Hot pizza... and unfortunately it wasnt a good one!

Dont get me wrong the topping was fab (spicy turkey, mushrooms and mozzarella!) but the crust kinda turned out like a very firm omlette which I really wasnt expecting when I took my first bite!

To be honest the "kinda of" omlette base topped with tomato puree, turkey, mushrooms and mozzarella wasnt that awful and me being me (a girl who hates waste!) ate the lot! But, i've brought a shed load of flaxmeal which was not cheap so i'm determined to make a proper pizza base with the stuff! So, i've done some googling and tomorrow I will put my chef's hat back on and attempt to come up with a crusty pizza base!

So, with just a mere 18 days til the end of my 12 week challenge and my holiday to Ibiza, here's hoping my culinery skills can prevail before I cave in and order old faithful.... (Ooops! Too late... Dominos was ordered yesterday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment