Saturday 18 June 2011

Its finally here...

... Ibiza... and the final blog entry from podgy Pickle! (I know, I know. Its a sad time, a very sad time.)

Yep, 12 weeks ago I set out to lose my stubborn, ugly, unloved pot belly and regularly updated this blog to not only entertain you (if there are any "you"'s out there??) but to also keep track of my progress.

I would love to say that the last 12 weeks have been a fun and pleasurable experience but seeing as thats not true i'd be lieing! While I enjoyed the initial success I had in the first six weeks, the last six weeks has been nothing less than a rollercoaster ride!

The first half of the challenge came and went without any mishaps - I ate my planned meals, did all my exercises and kept to my rule of just one naughty meal a week. My willpower and determination during this time paid off as for the first time since I was, I dont know.... a toddler!? I tipped the scales at under 9 stone! (8 stone 11lbs and 3/4 to be exact! A huge achievement for me seeing as I have always struggled to get under the 9 and half stone mark!)

But then I hit "the wall!"

Yep, I got to that point where I thought: "Wow, 12 weeks is a long time! I dont think I can keep this up!" This thinking plus the fact that I had already achieved a lot made me think I could afford to relax a little... but I was wrong!

From the start of week 7 to the present day, I have struggled beyond belief to stay on track with the diet. My one naughty meal a week soon turned into two naughty meals a week... all the way to today where I have had a whopping three naughty meals this week and that doesnt include tonight when I go out for dinner!

Obviously, this is not good and I feel ashamed typing it! But, on a positive note I have kept up with my exercises of jogging 3 mornings a week and lifting weights 3 times a week too- it's easy to do when you enjoy it :)

But as you can imagine, my poor second half performance means I havent got the beach body I wanted and i'm pretty sure i'm back over the 9 stone mark! (I'm not going to weigh myself to see though!)

So, my pot belly will be joining me on the flight to Ibiza! And unfortunately, my pot belly will also join me on the return flight... but it would have grown a whole lot bigger! (*grimaces*)

No comments:

Post a Comment