Saturday 25 February 2012

Thought of the week:
There’s a reason why the word diet has die in it!!

Diet:
Okay, I confess – I totally screwed up my diet last weekend!
After my night out at The Plough on Friday I was supposed to get back to eating healthy at the weekend but come Saturday there I was, sat on the sofa, watching Take Me Out, gorging on a Chinese takeaway! Fast forward to Sunday- I got out of bed, started eating, and never stopped! I don’t know how many calories I got through over those three days but it was A LOT!!
Needless to say, the guilt over my complete and utter piggyness made me make the decisions to:
1) cut a few more carbs out of the diet for the week,
2) say no to pancakes on Pancake day,
3) have only a small serving of mums dinner on Thursday and
4) scrap this weekend’s naughty meal.
Now, don’t be too surprised but I totally f**ked up numbers 2 and 3 which kind of buggered up number 1!
I can’t really be blamed for failing point 2 though as I’m pretty sure it’s against the law not to have pancakes on Pancake day?! And, I can’t really be blamed for failing point 3 either seeing as mum made one of my all-time favourite meals!
Okay, so it’s not illegal but Pancake day is (after Christmas, Easter and my birthday) my favourite day of the year and if I didn’t have pancakes on Pancake day I would never get to eat them! As for Thursday’s hiccup, mum had brought all the ingredients for the good, old gravy dinner of toad in the hole and seeing as I cooked it and I love my British gravy dinners, nothing would have stopped me eating a lot of it!
Needless to say the last 7 days have been a complete write off on the diet front and have now been added to the “try to pretend this never happened” bin!

Exercise:
I may not be brilliant at keeping my fingers out of the biscuit tin but I sure can drag my butt out of bed and pump some iron! And this week I cranked things up a notch!
I decided to reduce the number of sets I do but increase the number of reps per set- for anyone who doesn’t know, this results in some major muscle burn and fatigue! The lactic acid seriously burns but after feeling the need to make amends for the diet front, I wasn’t ready to stop there and finished off each session with a couple of heart pumping circuits.
Yep, the exercise has been a real killer this week but I’ve kept at it and I’m glad that this side of things seems to be going fantastically! My cr*p diet has left me feeling a bit bloated and pot-bellied but at the same time I feel a bit fitter and stronger due to the weight training.
I’m not 100% sure whether I’ve packed on some muscle but after getting “ I hate muscles on women” as a response from my sister when I flexed a bicep, I’m more inclined to say I may have rather than I haven’t!
I still need to start jogging or some other form of cardio but as I have no plans for a summer holiday this year, I have no plans in wearing a bikini this year, and therefore have no plans in rushing!

In other news:
Our newly decorate lounge looks amazing! It went from this.....



to this.....



Yep, we love our new look, more spacious livng room and I am very proud seeing as I did most of it! Who says girls can't DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment