Saturday 3 March 2012

Thought of the week:
12 weeks. That’s 84 days. I’m thinking of ordering a Domino’s. And its only day 1.

Diet:
Fed up of feeling like a hefferlump and eating my weight in cr@p, I decided it’s time to get serious and set myself a challenge! I did this last year when I gave myself 12 weeks to shape up before my 25th birthday and holiday to Ibiza, and I had lots of success with it. It proved that if I keep focused, ignore the negative comments and be patient then I can do it and see results.
So on Monday I started another 12 week challenge! Unfortunately due to birthdays, Easter and various trips away my diet, especially in the earlier weeks, won’t be as strict as before or as I’d like, but if I give it my best shot I should be able to shift a few unwanted pounds!
Today is the 6th day of the challenge and so far so good. It helps that I’m allowing myself one meal a week to have a bit of a blowout to accommodate those birthday parties etc, and having the mentality of “its only 12 weeks- It’s not like you’re never going to get to eat pizza again!” stopped me ordering Domino’s on the first, second and third day of the challenge!!
But, as stated before, I’m fairly busy over the next couple of months so being 100% strict won’t be possible and that includes this weekend- which started last night when my sister treated me to a bottle of wine and chinese takeaway. Then tonight I’m meeting up with a friend who I haven’t seen in ages and, as usual, this will be a rather alcohol fuelled affair so she is cooking up a bit of a pizza feast to line our stomachs! Obviously pizza and alcohol are not the best ingredients for fat loss, add a raging, morning after the night before hangover and it’s a recipe for disaster!!
Therefore I’m hoping to not get too drunk (I often leave the vodka out of my diet Coke which is a cunning way to disguise the fact I’m not drinking alcohol!) and not have the customary cheesy chips in the taxi ride home! Yep, last night wasnt brill for the waistline, tonight will not be good on the diet front either and yet tomorrow it’s Sunday dinner at mums! I really want the roast dinner to be the only naughty thing I eat as a whole day of hung over, soak up all the alcohol scoffing would be waaaaay too many calories for this weekend!

Exercise:
Despite having a niggling pain in my back and struggling to open my tired eyes in the morning, I have still managed to get my sleepy butt out of bed and work myself into a somewhat sweaty state. I’m currently working out 6 mornings a week and have to admit that my legs do feel rather tired, rather quickly! I’m happy to see that my arm exercises are feeling a little easier to do though as I do struggle with these. This, added to the fact I’m not in complete and utter pain for days after, suggests to me that I’m getting a tad stronger and am recovering well.

This morning I have already spent a hardcore 25 minutes doing circuits involving squats, press ups, dips and lunges but as you already know, I’m having a night on the tiles tonight so rather than missing tomorrows session (sleeping at my friends tonight and spending tomorrow at my parents means no time!) I am going to do another blood pumping, muscle hurting weight session this afternoon! Who knows, I may like exercising later on in the day and, fingers crossed, it might make me feel a bit less guilty about the food and alcohol I’m about to consume!!

In other news:

In preparation for tonights night on the town I've just shaved my legs... and for the first time ever I did it without cutting them!!! Man, I feel like a woman! (Da, da, da da, da, da da << Shania Twain style!)

No comments:

Post a Comment