Saturday 18 February 2012

Thought of the week:
My knickers are so far up my arse I might as well be wearing a thong!

Diet:
I love my food (especially the high carb, high fat, high calorie stodgy stuff) and I love lots of it! Yep, when I eat I like proper portions, none of this “one leaf of lettuce and I’m a salad” crap! Of course, it’s due to my love of food and man-sized portions that I now have a pot belly that likes to roll over the top of my trousers at the same time as pushing my top over my belly button! Now, I could just buy bigger clothes but I’d need money for that, so I’ve been left with the only other option available- diet and exercise! Urgh!
Google will tell you that pastry, fried foods, sugar, alcohol, and every other food I love, needs to be cut out for fat loss which is why I always tend to fail… and which is why I’m so proud of myself right now…. because (with the exception of a Peanut Butter Kit Kat chunky) I’ve gone a whopping 10 days without any naughty food!
That’s a real achievement for me and it was easier than I thought! There were a couple of evenings where that pizza menu nearly crept out the pizza menu drawer, due to my laziness in not really wanting to cook rather than actually craving one, but I stayed strong, got my arse off the sofa and cooked my chicken and veg knowing that I would enjoy my naughty meal at the end of the week a lot more if I did!
Although I’m chuffed about going 10 days without any major slip ups, I know I need to keep it up if I’m ever going to lean up and that has never been easy! Things always seem crop up that seem to make it difficult for me to eat my “diet” foods- take this coming week for example:
Its Pancake Day is this Tuesday and my sister always makes up a big, yummy batch for us to enjoy after dinner, and then on Thursday it’s dinner at mums where I’ll eat whatever gorgeous meal I’m served. Trying to diet around plans like these is difficult as I don’t want to put people out and seem unappreciative of their generosity. Luckily, I think I have a solution! I’ll have a few pancakes on Tuesday as my dinner, I’ll have a “normal” portion of mums cooking on the Thursday and I’ll scrap my naughty meal for the week- basically, I’ll have two smaller treats rather than one huge blowout!

Exercise:
On the physical front, everything is going A-OK. Again, I don’t seem to be feeling the pain of ripped muscles but I’m hoping this is because I’m getting stronger and eating and resting well rather than not putting in enough effort! Seeing as each workout is still getting my heart rate up and my blood pumping i/m definitely hitting it intensely so hopefully I’ll start seeing some serious results soon.
It hasn’t been easy getting out of bed in the dark, cold mornings though. There has been a couple of times when I’ve been snuggled under my duvet wondering whether to opt for a lie in but determination has prevailed, and after downing a cup of hot green tea during my warm up, I’m soon wide awake and sweating!

In other news:
Last night I had an indulgent meal at The Plough in Fen Ditton as my naughty meal. After 10 days of strictness I felt I had earned the meal and was able to enjoy it without thinking about diets, calories or wobbly bits! It was also fab due to the voucher we had (bargain) and the great company of my sister! We get on really well (a good thing really seeing as we live together!) but add a bottle of wine, a gorgeous three course meal and lots of chit chat, and you have a giggly, girlie scene worthy of a Sex and The City episode!
Also in other news, today we have started our lounge makeover! Our handyman is currently showing me his builders bum as he gets to work on ripping out the old wooden fire place so he can replaced it with our rather sleek looking wall mounted one! Once done we need to redecorate the wall with pink wallpaper so we are being really, really nice to Dad! Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment