Saturday 11 February 2012

Thought of the week:
I hate it when people whistle out of their nose! It’s soooo distracting!

Diet:
Well, the week didn’t start great as on Monday (the day straight after my naughty meal) I ordered a Dominos….. a big Dominos! So big that when I finished my stomach really, reeeeally hurt! Needless to say the discomfort has taken the appeal out of ordering anymore takeaways for a while and even if it didn’t, the bloated belly and wind I had to deal with the next day sure did! I mean it’s never ideal having to handle that on any day, let alone a work day. I spent most of my time squeezing your buttocks together trying to prevent any unwanted fragrances escaping my arse and floating around the office! And unfortunately I had it bad! So bad that there was more than one occasion where I “let rip” on the toilet and I swear I lifted a couple of inches off the seat!! (At this point I would like to state that it takes a very brave individual who, when they leave the toilet and meet the audience who clearly heard the windy shenanigans, walks passed smiling in an unassuming, “nothing happened, you heard wrong” kind of way. Luckily, I’m one of those individuals!)
Since then I have been eating the usual “good for you” foods with no slip ups and due to my early week failure, this weekend’s naughty meal is cancelled! I shall be making my own healthy, low carb version of spaghetti bolognese instead.

Exercise:
After the lack of sore, achy muscles from my kettlebell session I decided that I needed to “let rip” (in a completely different context to above!!) and up my game. So I ditched the circuits and supersets for the more hardcore approach of hammering one body part constantly for a period of time. This approach was immense and my body felt the tiredness and pain as I repeatedly hit the same exercise over and over. As the day passed I could feel the soreness emerging and by Tuesday night I was “feeling it” all over- in my arms, my legs, my back, my butt…. and I loved it! I was also “feeling it” in my stomach which I didn’t love so much due to the pain it caused when I had to push out a little of that Dominos induced wind!
But the pain never stopped me and the very next day I picked up the kettlebell again. Only this time, despite the already slightly sore muscles, I really wanted to feel the burn so I swung it HIIT style! I managed to last a whopping 5 minutes doing 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest before having to move onto a bit of HIIT shadow boxing. Again I punched my way through 20 seconds of time before resting for 10 seconds and re-starting. 5 minutes later I grabbed my kettlebell for the second time and repeated! That workout lasted just 20 minutes in total and oh boy, there was no lack of soreness this time!

In other news:
I have another dish to add to my list of perfect culinary creations! My meatloaf…

As you can see it turned out fantastically and tasted just as good! There was some left over which I heated up and served with some brussels and carrots later on in the week– it really does make a quick, hassel free, yummy weekday dinner!
Last weekend we were lucky enough to have some reward for this horribly cold weather…. Snow! And lots of it! Thankfully, despite a few scary moments, I was still able to drive to my parents for nans birthday roast dinner! The snow really made for a great weekend, especially for Bertie who had never seen the white stuff before! Since then we have had even more snow which I feel gives me enough reason to wear my Santa socks despite it being mid-February!
Finally, this Friday coming will be getting our new, sleek looking fireplace installed. I have the day booked off work (you know, just in case the handyman needs my help!) and in the evening my sister and I will play taxi to my parents as we drop them off to see the Johann Strauss orchestra before we head to The Plough in Fen Ditton for dinner. This meal will be my naughty meal for the week and I’m very, very excited about it as I haven't eaten out i ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment