Saturday 4 February 2012

Thought of the week:
February already... oooh, pancake day this month!

Diet:
In my opinion the key factor to losing fat and keeping it off is patience… and unfortunately I don’t have a lot of it. Personally when I put in the effort I want to see results straight away even though I know it doesn’t work like that! So after a week or so, despite feeling generally “better” in myself, I do find myself feeling disheartened by the fact my pot belly is still there and end up reaching for the telephone to give Dominos my usual order. And this week has been no different….
After last week’s decision to be super-duper strict, 24/7, I knew that I would never be able to do it and therefore I decided that I would allow myself to have one meal a week where I could eat or drink whatever I wanted. This would hopefully keep me on track by having a treat to look forward to and work hard for. This new plan seemed to be working as day after day passed without any slip ups. I was feeling, fit, healthy, (and even slimmer!) but then Thursday hit! All of a sudden I felt fat and down in the dumps, BUT I kept on course and was pretty chuffed with myself! But then yesterday hit... in a big way... when at work... as I noticed how just fat and wobbly my thighs were when I was sitting on the toilet! I mean seriously! I’ve been squatting, lunging, stepping, butt clenching for the past for 3 weeks and they still look like that! They look exactly the same as when I did nothing but sit on my arse feeding it chips! Obviously this did not go down well so I wiped, pulled up my knickers, did up my trousers, sucked in my stomach and stomped back to my desk! It’s safe to say that every ounce of my will power was at work last night as I marginally managed to stick to my diet and downed just the one Carlsberg!
It’s now Saturday which means I only have to get through today before I get to indulge this week’s naughty meal – mum's roast lamb dinner! Surely I can do that? Right??

Exercise:
Due to all my naughtiness in the past few weeks I have made sure to keep up with my six weight sessions a week. Not only that but I have increased my workload by adding a few more reps to my sets. Even though I absolutely hate it at the time, I do love the buzz I feel afterwards and when I do slip up diet wise, I feel that a good, hard workout helps to counteract some of it!
To be honest, I also love the buckets of sweat and sore, achy muscles that comes with it- it makes me feel that I’ve really done some good work!
Talking of sore, achy muscles, I decided to switch things up a bit this week so on Wednesday I reached for the kettlebell! I did swing after swing after swing, and expected to “feel it” immensely the next day. I was rather disappointed when I didn’t! Maybe I’m just fitter than I thought? Or maybe (and most likely) I didn’t push myself hard enough?? Either way it was a nice change from my usual routine so I’ll definitely work that kettlebell again…. only more fiercely!

In other news:
Firstly, I want to congratulate my mum (who won’t be reading this as she doesn’t really do technology!) on her fantastic efforts and weight loss. We brought her a dress this Christmas which didn’t quite do up, but instead of returning it for a bigger size she used it as her incentive to cut out the chocolate and crisps. We visited her last weekend and guess what she was wearing when she opened the door….. yep, her Christmas present! And it fitted perfectly- well done mum!
On my quest to eat nice and healthily I have been doing some googling and looking for some yummy new recipes I could try. In my opinion, I make a great green thai chicken curry, beef stroganoff and chilli con carne, and tonight I’m hoping to add meatloaf to that list as I’ll be making and tasting my very first one! Of course, I don’t make the traditional style of the dishes as the amount of carbs are a no-go for me, but they certainly fill a hole and tickle my taste buds!
Finally, I promised my sister I wouldn’t tell anybody about this soooooo…
When out for a muddy walk last Sunday my sister unfortunately lost her purse with some money in it. If that wasn’t upsetting enough, she also got dog turd all over her fingers after picking up Berty’s rather runny poo!! Of course, I nearly wet myself laughing at this but my sister was less than pleased! Who said being a responsible dog owner was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment