Saturday 31 March 2012

There’s nothing like the squeeze of your trousers around your tummy, butt and thighs to make you want to starve and exercise yourself to death.

From the moment I pulled on my work trousers there was a major struggle to button them up and a major threat of ripping! I knew right then that it was time to stop with excuses and start getting my lazy butt into gear!

So on Tuesday I started to eat healthily and drag my butt out of bed to exercise each morning. Five days later and despite working my arse into a state of great pain when getting on and off the toilet, my belly still rolls over the top of my trousers with my butt cheeks still threatened to burst the seams!

Now, I’m not silly, I know that fat loss takes time, lots of time, and I know that I’m not going to see results after just 5 days, but that doesn’t make me any less upset and disappointed when it happens! You see, I just don’t have patience! And that’s the number one thing I hate about dieting and exercising... you need patience…. lots and lots of patience…. and will power, which I don’t have much of either!

It’s weird because when it comes to diet, nutrition, the body and exercise I know a bit about it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no expert but I’ve read enough books and research to know what I have to do, what I shouldn’t do, what’s good for me, what’s bad for me, what works, what doesn’t work, what happens when I eat this, what happens when I do this and what happens when I put a slice of takeaway pizza to my mouth!

But despite this knowledge and despite feeling guilty as I eat food that I know I shouldn’t be, it’s never stopped me. It’s never put me off. And now I’m have to live with the consequences…. a protruding pot belly and pairs of very, very tight trousers!

So once again I’m on a diet! But this time I’m hoping it’ll be different because I’m looking at the longer picture. No more 12 weeks of super strict dieting and exercising to get my perfect shape. Oh no, I’m giving myself until Las Vegas (which is a whopping 9 months away) to achieve a better body!

Lets see if the slow, steady and most importantly, sensible, approach will hopefully help me be motivated, determined and successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment