Saturday 23 July 2011

Week Two

Thought of the week: (After one of the girls brought cake in the office)
No Laura, dont have any chocolate fudge cake... there's Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream in the freezer you can have!

Diet:
You'll be glad to know that despite the above thought that occurred on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after another cake was brought in, I had neither the chocolate fudge cake or Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream! It was a struggle to say no but I stayed strong and determined... until Friday... when Dominos came a knocking... and today... when I devoured a sausage sarny, crisps and belgium bun for lunch and brought cookies for later! But me being the optimist I am, I like to look at the good points and the good point about this week is... I stuck to my healthy eating for a whole 6, yes 6, days before Friday occurred! Amazing huh? (Or should that be: "amaze huh?" My sister has been using the word "amaze" for every adjective recently i'm positive it must be the latest craze word!?)

The naughty bit:
Well, where to start! Obviously yesterday and today have not been angelic and as my week runs Monday to Sunday there is still tomorrow to go too. And as my sister kindly invited mum and dad over for dinner tomorrow I shall now be cooking a naughty three course "come dine with me" style dinner for the family! (Eeeek! 3 naughty meals/days on the trott! Not good! Not good at all!)

Exercise:
The good news is I'm running a little further up the hill. The bad news is it really really hurts! My fitness definately took a beating last month, and once you add the extra pounds I now have to lug around, you have the perfect recipe for a heartattack! But I'm still plodding along and will keep plodding along til I reach the top of that hill and back!
As for the bodyweight circuit sessions, these are also making my heart and lungs pound violently against my ribcage! But with the help of a cup of caffeine filled tea with my warm up, I'm managing to complete all my reps and sets aswell as adding a little skipping/shadow boxing to the end!

The painful bit:
Its still my back and shoulders... that shadow boxing stuff is hard core!

In other news:
I finished the book "Sweet Temptation" by Lucy Diamond and have to say it was a great read. I did feel a pang of jealously at how quickly the time on their diets whizzed by though- it took me three days to read that book and in those three days Maddie lost god knows how many stones, Jess shaped up and Lauren slimmed to a size 12! I suppose it was a book, and in books months can pass in just a few paragraphs but still, it would be nice to do a year of dieting in three days!
Also this week I've tried to up my twittering! Yes I am on Twitter and can be found at @laurapicklecox so feel free to follow. My sister says the key to Twitter is to follow lots of people and reply to their tweets. Sounds like a solid plan but I find it very difficult to tweet anything that isnt to do with me!

Its been a real quiet week so thats about it! Guess i'll see you at the end of week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment