Sunday 31 July 2011

Week Three

Thought of the week: (When on the home stretch of Tuesdays run)
Wow I could keep running for hours! Must be that tub of Ben & Jerrys I ate last night!

Diet:
After the all out binging I did last weekend I seem to have hit somewhat of a stumbling block in the fact that I cant stop eating "crap!" The truth is, all the calorie counting and meal planning I have done over the last year or so has exhausted me to the point where, mainly due to lack of results, I cant be arsed and dont want to do it anymore.
So this week I decided to have a "semi-rest" from it all by eating healthily while at work but having whatever I fancy for dinner. I know this will not give me my lean and toned stomach but I just havent been in dieting frame of mind!
But Monday the 1st of August just round the corner now so i'm thinking new week, new month, new start! So starting tomorrow, my plan is to try to be a little stricter with dinner which means keeping a small amount of carbs on the menu but passing on the desserts!

The naughty bit:
Well... Monday was turkey drummers, chips, bread, peas and a tub of Ben & Jerrys. Tuesday was a burger, jacket potato, beans, cheese and a jam roly poly with custard. Wednesday wasnt too bad until I snuggled on the sofa with a tub of ice cream watching Step Up 3. Thursday was mums toad in the hole and an apple crumble with custard! Friday was, you've guessed it, Dominos pizza with lots of sides and desserts. Last night was chicken burgers, chips and a toffee and pecan roulard at mums, and tonight is corned beef hash and baken beans!
(Wowza... lots of cals there!)

Exercise:
Its official- I'm king of the hill! Okay, more like queen of the hill but the bottom line is: I finally made it to the very top of the steep hill and all the way back home without stopping and more importantly, dying!
I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to actually be back at the top of my running. Its really feels great and my goal is to now try and run even further... but first I need to find a nice way to add more miles to my route.
Circuit wise I'm back on top form there too! I'm now doing an extra circuit (so 5 instead of the 4!) and am managing to add 15 minutes of interval cardio to the end! Again i'm absolultely chuffed that i'm back on it with the exercise... I feel it makes up for my disasterous diet a little!

The painful bit:
My thighs! Yep the hill running, squats, lunges and reverse lunges have left me and my thighs feeling a little tight and sore!

In other news:
The "Come Dine With Me" three course meal that I did for my family last Sunday was a roaring success! We had warm cheese, crusty bread and caramelised red onion to start, pan fried duck with green beans and daulphinoise potatoes for the main and mini frangipan tarts with ice cream to finish. The whole family seemed impressed with my culinery skills and they especially loved my dessert! Even my mum (who is not a dessert fan- crazy I know!) is still ranting and raving about my tarts and homemade shortcrust pastry!
To be honest I've been doing a lot of cooking this week and have even whipped up a couple of healthy dinner dishes - Green Thai Chicken Curry and a Beef Stroganoff! Both were very yummy and a hit with me and my sister so they will definitely be on the new "stricter dinners" menu!
On Thursday I went to the birthday party of Dotty, my lovable niece, who turned 2 years old. To celebrate we had a hearty meal and gave Dotty some pressies - I gave her a chew toy, set of balls and 2 very big meaty biscuits! What? Oh, I see! No, Dotty isnt a baby! She's my sisters adorable black and white, short legged, short haired Jack Russell puppy... waaaaay cuter then any baby!





<< Awwww, Dotty!
(See, waaaaay cuter than any baby!)





So there you have it! My week of "semi-rest" and naughty dinners! Now as August approaches I must try to pass on the desserts, forget that Dominos exists and finally lose my podge!

No comments:

Post a Comment