Saturday 16 July 2011

Week One

Thought of the week:
£166 million.... I so could have done with £166 million!

Diet:
Diet wise I'm being nowhere near as strict as before because:

(1) Ibiza's gone so I dont have to worry about my wobbly bits bulging over my bikini for a good year or so.
(2) I can't do it! As soon as I say "Right Laura, no more biscuits!" then all I can think about is biscuits and no matter what I do I cant stop thinking about biscuits until I end up scoffing down a packet or two!

So i'm easing myself in gently by making small changes and having everything in moderation. (Afterall, its not about dieting, its about lifestyle changes right?? And there is no way I can go my whole life without biscuits!)

Its not been a bad week food wise but thats because:
(1) Its only the first week!
(2) I'm back working 9am til 5pm Monday to Friday so have no choice but to eat what I take to work with me.
(3) I'm eating more calories (from "good" foods) so I dont starve myself and end up diving head first into the nearest biscuit tin.
(4) I'm still allowing myself to have a naughty meal when the "occassion" rises. One of the problems I had last time was I scheduled my cheat meals for the weekend but then some "event" would pop up mid-week and i'd end up having another one! So this time I'm not scheduling my cheat meals and will have one when an "event" like I'm at my mums or I'm dining at a restaurant arises. (Normally just one "event" pops up each week which is ideal so fingers crossed a lot of "events" dont pop up in one week... or worse, that none pop up at all!)

The naughty bit:
This weeks naughtiness came on Tuesday and last night (Fri):

I was at my mums for dinner on Tuesday where she cooked the classic dish of: Fish fingers, chips and baked beans, accompanied by bread for a chip butty! And seeing as my mum stores a barrell of biccys in her cupboards I just couldnt pass on a dessert of tea and biscuits!

Last nights cheat came from Dominos- small pizza, wedges, chicken wings, cookies and free Ben & Jerrys ice cream! To be honest it wasnt really needed and I do feel I let myself down for having it after I'd been so good the rest of the week (Tuesdays dinner excluded!) and it wasnt for any "event" although... if I mention the words "time of month" I'm sure a few of you (especially the ladies!) will understand!

Exercise:
As for the physical side, again i'm easing myself in gently and am getting there... slowly! I'm currently focusing on getting my fitness back up to where it was before my month of eating, boozing, eating, sitting on my arse and eating began!
So, I'm doing a full body bodyweight session 3 times a week and going for my 3 morning runs.


I'm proud to say that I havent skipped a session and the bodyweight routines seem to be getting to somewhere near my earlier efforts. The running is taking a little longer though- I'm currently managing to run to the bottom of the very steep hill and back home (2.58 miles) just before my heart explodes! But I'm confident that I can reach my old distance of 3.57 miles (thats to the top of the very steep hill and back) within the next couple of weeks!

The painful bit:
Well up until this morning my thighs were biggest aliment, what with all the squatting, lunging and running, but after mixing my Friday workout up a bit and adding some shadow boxing my triceps and upper back are sore, sore, sore!

In other news:
I saw Take That live at Wembley! Whoop whoop! Wembley was an open roof and it p*ssed... and I mean really p*ssed... down with rain for most of the night but rain or no rain- it was awesome! I really only went to see Robbie (who was brilliant and totally stole the show) but the other four boys didnt disappoint either and helped to make it a show I'm sure I'll "neeeeeeeever forget!" (See what I did there?? Hee hee)

And after catching the reading bug on my holiday in Ibiza I have made myself promise to read at least one book a month (afterall, I've really got to stop wasting my evenings watching soaps!) So this month I read Jane Costello's "Girl on the run" which was actually very motivating for helping me to get out of bed for my morning runs... and has even planted the idea of me doing a few races myself!? I have now started on "Sweet Temptation" by Lucy Diamond- I'm only a few chapters in but am already enjoying the story as its about 3 ladies who are all fighting their own battle of the bulge- naturally I'm able to connect with this book really well!

Thats about it for week 1- roll on week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment